Thursday, October 11, 2007

September 18, 2007 Letter

Wow! We had transfers today and I've moved to Los Alcarrizos! It's been crazy! My new companion is Hermana Taylor, we're gonna have tons of fun! ... and guess what, they've got 8 whole baptisms lined up this month... lucky ducks! It's gonna be awesome to meet all the new investigators and get used to the new area. Los "Alcs" is north of the Capital and I'm in a 4-man house (psh...not really MEN, okay...) but I just know a lot of adventures await me here. :) It's sad to leave Canastica behind...all those awesome investigators. My last lesson taught with Hna Robertson was with Neilson and his wife. He was from Boston (spoke Eng. and Span.) and had an awesome accent. He was born in the DR but lived in Boston most his life. They met online on Myspace (Ha!) and over time and diligence finally met and got married. whoa. Anyway, the point was that Neilson was always looking for the truth, but felt weird about different churches... He wanted to find the truth. :D (These words have such power to bring giant smiles to missionary faces...) We told him he needn't look any further for the truth, because it was right here!! He was so glad we had come by, because for a long time he was tired of trying other churches to find the truth...he just wanted it to come to him... Well!! And there we were. He was very nice and said we were welcome in his house anytime and was excited to learn more. We felt a change in his heart when we taught him of the wonderful blessings him and his family could recieve through this true gospel. ;D Sadly...I won't get to see them progress. But the gospel is still true!!
Hey, sorry if some of you haven't heard from me for a long time... sorry sorry! Really, I'm alive and well! My blood is pumpin'! :D The mission can get really stressful though... if I haven't responded, answered questions or acknwledged my existence, I really really appologise. :) I do want to respond to all of you, but there's just not much time for that... I can't even find time to write snail-mails... bummer... always soo much I want to get done: study more of the Book of Mormon, or Spanish, or church books, notes, or talks etc, or organizing stuff... sometimes I just want to sit down and do absolutely nothing for just a little while... well if I did that I would have to be eating something... cuz I eat when I'm bored... Now ya know! hehe. surprise. or not.
Anyways. Busy busy. As of yet, FYI for those who told me to expect B-day stuff from, I haven't recieved them yet... for quite some weeks now...that's why I haven't thanked you for them yet. :D Although some many weeks ago I did recieve those Eng/Span tapes from Claudia. Thank you so much!! They have been so fun to listen to and I'm learning some great stuff. Such a good idea, music and learning. Yeah! Thanx again. :) Also, FYI for future packages...not that I'm hinting anyone to send me anything...really I'm not... but keep in mind that those big Express envelopes are the cheaper, and much faster way to get stuff to me.
Gah! Time just flies!!
Here are some pics... enjoy! Sorry Mom, dial-up probably can't open these. And Mom: notice that I've sent this e-mail to the list of people I have...don't know why I didn't think to do that earlier... to save you some trouble. let's try a new system. If i'm missing anyone on the list (family or friends...or non-friends...hehe), lemmy know so I can add them and send it all straight to them instead of letting you worry about it. sound good? k. Thanks so much for everything!!
Love to all!... and to all a good night! *nyuk-nyuk*
Hermana Jules

No comments: