Thursday, October 11, 2007

July 31, 2007 Letter

...it´s cool to think that the moon´s the same anywhere you go in the world... and always a beautiful sight. =) it makes you stop... and mezmorizes you with it´s brilliant glow... and with a clear starry sky makes you want to breathe in the whole galaxy... yup yup.
We´re back to work and Hna Robertson has slowly recovered fully from Dengue... like I said, it´s unpredictable. The recovery time is different for others, we were at the mission home for about a week, from Friday 20 to Sat 28, but she´s up and runnin´ now! Always on the go. She couldn´t stand to sit in that bed everyday and not be able to eat real food. Although she did recieve 2 fat packages while she was in bed and that made her really happy. :D I guess for me it was like living in a hotel, but with no chance to get out... and no pool... but fantastic food! yay! But of course it didn´t last. :) We are glad to be back to work and checking up on our great investigators. But Ugh... I slept horribly Sunday night... it´s back to those cursed roosters again... last night I slept okay, I just need to cover my ears. I need earplugs! ...why didn´t I think about that before?? ah, julie julie... Also, randomly, I had a horrifying nightmare last night... Hna heard me trying to talk, or scream, or whatever... my bad dreams are so vivid and exauhsting... always running from the evil creatures at my heels...
<>
Lisa!! Thanks for your awesome long letter!! I was laughing with you so hard, I´m so glad you´re my sister! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reminding me how great Heavenly Father is. I´ll remember to be specific in my prayers... as well as I can in Spanish... For I know that he answers!! And sorry, I ´don´t think I´m good enough at Spanish to quiz you... I´m just not there yet... I dunno. Maybe if you had gospel questions and I could answer in spanish... try that. You can write me all you want sis, tell me all about how crazy life is. Luv ya tonz!
Ernesto my hero, cut you hair pleez... Love you too! ;D
JR! My Only brother!! How art thou?? I want to know which mission you had in Porto Alegre, Brazil, cuz Hna Robertson´s lil bro is flying at this moment to the Porto Alegre South Mission. Is that not cool?? Tell me some experiences you had in your mission sometime... it would be great to hear it from your perspective. :)
Claudia - Thanks for the family news, it´s always good to hear. eat some babies for me! ;D I can´t look up that webite you mentioned, but I think those tapes would be wonderful to have, for my own learning and also for some Dominicans as well. we are planning to schedule a regular English class to teach some simple English and that music may be a wonderful help. =) Thanks!
Connie! I totally agree on your views on funerals and receptions!... so you can totally help me plan my reception (FAR fAR into the galactical futures of time...) and when I die I´ll have you make sure everyone´s wearing white, looking at pics and remembering memories, and partying to my favorite music. And I´ll do the same for you sis. =D Hugs for the fam! And say hi to that old man next door :)
Hey Mom, that kids choir business sounds really awesome and fun! Good luck with that, I´m sure it will turn out just great. Children´s songs always has a special spirit to it. We packed my bags pretty good, DI sure paid off! I already have everything I need, and most of the shopping we do is just for food. THANKS! we make a great team =) eventhough we started packing the night before and into the morning... yes, I know. I´m the Princess of procrastination... but it all worked out just right! The heat of stress has worn off. Speaking of heat, the heat here is pretty much unavoidable. So I love my drilux garmies, they keep me dry. *I´m a big kid now!* well Mom and Dad, have a great time on all those fun trips! Be sure to take pictures. you knowwho to ask to find out how to print digital pics, right? Love you all!
Traci Fergus! I finally got those pics! Ah, what memories from the MTC. Thank you thank you. I´m so excited for your new calling!!! Have an awesome mission!!
Wazzzaaaaaaap 40th ward! I got all you fun little notes a while ago, haha!, they made me laugh and smile. Thanks! Make sure veryone gets to ward prayer at 8:33 Sunday night okay??? 8:33!! send pics! haha
Okay, so eventhough these Dominicans are very accepting and receptive to the Gospel, some still have a hard time living it... up to a certain point anyway. Because there are so many different churches and religions (even literally in the same block from their houses) they grow up living a good natured gospel, so naturally they believe our mesage is good and true. Everyone loves God..¨aleluja!¨ But it´s hard to help them understand that there is more responsibility involved in the one true gospsel... Life isn´t not just baseball, bachata, and Presidentes (beer)... we have met a few of those people so far. It takes more work, more prayer and personal thought. May the Spirit guide us.
okay, times up. Happy trails!
Adios!
Hna Jules

No comments: