Thursday, October 11, 2007

July 9, 2007 Letter

Yo! Man...This week flew! ...Another great day in the temple, we went early for initiatories again. Nice and peaceful..until ya walk out and there's 5 jack hammers tearing up the nice new parking lot again (everyday). All over the 2 big parking lots are random cement rectangles hammered to bits...???I found out it was because there was "something wrong" withit. Like a crack or whatever:P I think they're just tryin' to gie people jobs...3-4 guys sit on buckets and hammer at the cement.
Thanks Dave, I got the memory card safe and sound
Thanx so much to all who wrote me, family and friends, it's way awesome to hear from you! Thanx for your words of encouragement and your testimonies and stories, I love you all! I am so greatful to be on this mision. The fact that it's all for the Lo4d and His children makes me that much more greatful and willing to serve Him. Nothing will make me happier than the chance to bring another soul to Christ!
I'm sore from sitting down for so long..I fidget all the time cuz my circulation cuts off..no bueno. Not for long though..We're all really busy though (of course!) There is always something to improve on or learn. I feel like a child learning a new language. We started with hard gospel. I know I know...the language will come . That's what's so cool about a mission! Taught the people in the park, crowded, more garbage but opportunities to teach. I know I made a difference by sharing our message. Pres. Goodrich taught us that the Lord will help us but added....you will suffer!. I laughed! I'm not afraid. Because fear does not come from the Lord.
At the end of the day we get a snack and I go outside and dance. It feels like Thailand...same climate. Someday I'll travel the world. Who's with me?
I've been to my companion's home town in CA. Ernie she totally knows Stick, Julian, Iron Mtn. Ernie is my cousin. Andrew Pound: Is "Sobrino" the stuff you're looking for? How much you want? Hey Thanks for writing. No. I haven't been to the new institute, and yes music helps alot with my Spanish. Danny Price: Hiya buddy! Congrats on the new job, sounds like yer workin hard. Say Hi to Darci for me and give her a big hug too. Happy Birthday Jordanne!! Glad you had a fun breakfast bash. Brigadoon rocks! Send my hello's to the ward..what is the mail address for the ward? Eric! Yay! You go man, find yourself a wife!.I'm rootin for ya! Are you gonna live in Utah for a while? Sure miss ya. Thanks for all the fun and laughs!....luv, rabbitgirl.
Everyone...we can send pics and cards in the pouch system now, no stamps
Claudia suggests the more you relax the better the language comes..It's working for me. Thanks claudia. Thank yoiu all for all the news and for being there for me. You have no idea how good I feel to hear from those I love. I wish I could reply to everyone but my time is gone.. DO REMEMBER THAT MY MOM IS SUMMARIZING:) AND IT WILL LOSE SOME IN TRANSLATION:)
June 22 -
Happy Birthday to Doris and Robby!!! on the 25th. Love you and miss you! Hoope you find joy and happiness in the days to come. I wish you the best!! Has anyone heard about Jon Bryson's new baby yet? Please tell me how everything goes with the baby!! Send pictures! (you can send pics through pouch now (mom says it has to be printed on paper) It's my last chance to look pretty...air condintioning...hair stays nice all day, sitting down, no strenuous work..That will all change DUH DUH DUMMMM! But really, I don't care. Yay! I just won't have to care about "doing" my hair. Can't care about lookin' good. Just survivin'!;
Monday Elder David Johnson of the 70 spoke at a fireside. I got to sing "When I feel his love" I took lots of notes..great experience to meet him. He would pause, shake your hand and say your name and stare in your eyes...soul to soul
Waking up is not a problem as I have purpose. Last time teaching at the Universtiy was the best yet. Placed a BofM with a girl who felt the spirit. Yay! we can always make a difference!
Wow, this is the longest I've been away from home. Before that I spent 3 weeks in Thailand. Ah DR is my home now:)
Peace! (wish me luck in the field!)
Hna Julie Benson

No comments: