Thursday, October 11, 2007

September 12, 2007 Letter

Okay. Como estan??
I´m excited for the CA show! Well, I know it´s over…I guess it was still only one week of shows this year too right? Say hi t the Walls for me, I miss that awesome family. :)
I gave a talk this past Sunday on the Holy Ghost, it was good... in Spanish, yay! Plus it was the first time I forgot my plaque...didn´t realize it until After I sat down. Gah! Luckily I had my spare... it feels weird without a plaque!
Had a baptism!!!! Saturday Sept 8th. His name is Eduar Sepulveda, age 16. It was really exciting to have my first baptism. And for such a strong Spirit too. I remember when we actually found him for the first time. We were on intercambios and I made contacts with two other dominican sisters from the ward. It was getting late and dark, and we came across a house surounded by people, mostly men. It was kind of crazy, people coming and going The other sisters taught…something… I couldn´t understand much, but the one looked at me and I choked. It was my turn. So I blurted out everything I knew, hoping someone would listen and understand… after my testimony I introduced the gospel pamflit (these new pamflits are awesome!) and I gave it to the only person who was listening in the end… Eduar. Ever since then we had been teaching really good, smooth lessons, he was continuing to progress (reading and praying) and that is what makes us missionaries happy! When an investigator is actually making some good changes in their life and in their heart . He has recieved the Spirit the Priesthood, is attending Seminary every morning at 6 am, And he´s already filling out his mission papers. Wow! We can see that he´ll be a wonderful example to his family, and he has so much potential to help build the kingdom of God. Sweet!
Also, yesterday was fun. Well, so was today, we played frisbee in the hot sun (Yes!). anyway, we were looking for Alfred, a boy we´re getting ready to baptize, so we could teach him. He was on the baseball field with a bunch of other little boys. Hna Robertson wanted to play with them, so she ran a couple bases. Then they kids wanted Hna and I to race... I sprinted and totally left her in the dust... in a skirt and sandals. :D Such long legs I have... Then one little boy, who spoke English, said ¨You´re fast! A lot of kids here are weak. And I´m one of them! Wanna race me?¨... I laughed and said Sure! Everyone else wanted to race me too... I gave them a head start... and still left them in the dust. It was so much fun! Those kids were a blast ...only I forgot my camera. oh well!
lovs to all and all
Hermana Benson

No comments: