Thursday, October 11, 2007

July 24, 2007 Letter

Subject: It's a kitty!!!
... There was a cute little kitten wandering around in the middle of one of our lessons and it kept mewing and mewing, like it was so sad and just wanted to be loved... I wanted to pick it up and comfort it... :'(
Anywho,
So, did I say Hna Roberston was awesome? Yeah, she has a life full of awesomeness, full of accomplishments and talents by the dozen! Amazing. Rock climbing, skiing, artwork, her own art shows, camp guide, ski instructor, dancing and more dancing... cool cool stuff! ...oh... then I look at my life and feel like I haven't accomplished a darn thing... :P But hey, no need to compare, Julie! I love myself... but there's always room for improvement, right?...
So our Prez wants us to find a new Bishop for our ward... Awesome Obispo Polanco has served very very faithfully for about 9 years now and we can tell he's gettin' pretty worn out. They're planning on splitting the ward too, so he may still continue his calling. It's our challenge now to find a worthy candidate. (Dragon Ball Z: "Are you asking for a CHALLENGE?!?") Hey Andrew Pound: here's his e-mail: Polancoro@hotmail.com you can send him a Hello :) Also, Elder Skyler Sampson here says he has a tie with your name on it, heh, along with lots of other names too. Silly ol' tradition... ;D The Hermanas have hymn books they sign and pass down to their first "daughters", I got mine from Hna Robertson. :)
Well, onto the biggest news, Hna Robertson has Dengae and we're here at the President's house. She's slowly recovering...it's a process that is unpredictable and decieving at times... but we're thankful we're here and not in that hot little house of ours. All she can do is lie in bed cuz she's too sick and achy to do much else. As for me...well... I have lots of time on my hands. If I'm not helping Hna Bair or tending to Hna Robertson I have lots of quality time to study, and that's really good for my brain. Because everyone should take care of their brain. *singing**your brain is your best friend!**do-do-do-duh-doo*
...
So far I've played music on the beautiful (expensive) piano, sang a lot of songs, studied, helped Hna Bair with cooking or cleaning, watering plants, or certain projects like organizing paperwork, or organizing all the Elder's suits that come in and have to be stored, or even cooking a huge pot of taco soup for tonight's reunion. During all these I put on classical music and I could work on my project alone for hours at a time. I wouldn't mind getting paid to do something like that someday... If I have my music I could do just about anything. I think I've gone through all of their CD's by now... Then I have more time to read and study Spanish etc. While the Bairs are gone to a meeting or something I could even turn on the music and waltz around the house while nobody was looking... but that's just between you and me. ;) This house is really cool, and big, and gorgeous too. It has many beds for group stays, and Hna Robertson has the best Queen in the house, better even than the Pres's bed *gasp!*, she deserves it though. :) I sleep on a nice matress on the floor. :) Yay! No roosters!! And hot showers! We even watched a couple Tab Choir broadcasts, oh, how I love music!!
I didn't get to go to church though... :'( needed to stay home with Hna Robertson, make sure she's okay and has ice water and maybe some juice or a little snack. Most of her food hasn't been staying... poor girl, bless her heart. Dengae isn't fun. But it does go away. :)
It really is very nice here. The Bairs are fun to talk with, when they have time to, we have lots in common... good ol' Loganites. ^_^
We missed a Baptism on Saturday. Rufino, he was the previous Elder's investigator, but we just hope things are still rolling without us there. He has a good spirit, and a great family, and he's willing to learn more.
Not much else has happened though... sorry, this is as spiritual as it gets right now. ;D But for all my 40th Ward fans, ... If Sadaam can do it, anyone can. ;D
ta-ta!
Love,
Hna Julie Benson
ps- Thanks to all who wrote, yay!
sorry...no more time, these things are limited y'know... until next time! =)

No comments: