Thursday, October 11, 2007

August 21, 2007 Letter

==Mom: keep my subject lines on my emails...they´re part of the fun :) Also, how´s the blog comin? It´s an awesome idea to keep a long time memory goin with all my emails attatched etc. Thanks so much for that tape! I actually wish you would have sung the whole ¨trip to the library song¨ so I could memorize it too :D I really liked all those other songs too, and that poem was great Dad! you sure are funny :) big hugs to you all! Mom, I still haven´t gotten your ¨translation¨of my set apart blessing...did it get lost in the mail or did you just not finish it?==
Don´t worry, all is well here, considering the cyclone/hurricane, at least in our area. All we got was a LOT of rain, wish you could have been here to see it... never seen so much rain... We still prapared ourselves for the worst, cuz everyone was freaking out about how bad it could be... but it was just alot of rain and some big wind Sunday night too, just all through the weekend. Good times! Now it means a lot of mud on our feet. :) mm tastey.
Oh, let me remind you all that I´m not all the way ¨here¨ when I write my e-mail. My mind is all scattered and I may repeat things or say something un-interperitable etc... anyway, I´m always rushing through my e.mail , when I would really want to spend 2 hrs on it. XD
Any advice for my big 22nd year?? For my B-day Molly made me some blueberry muffins YAY! and wrote me a really sweet card. We also had been needing food for a while so we went to the big La Sirena store and had a nice big shopping trip, afterward we ate at the little lunch place there, she payed for my meal and we shared some cake. :) It was hot though...hotter-than-monkeys-hot, but it was a good day. We taught a lot of lessons that night.. heh, and later some members actually told Molly they forgot to plan a party for me--hehe, but hey... blueberry muffins!!! :D
Happy birthday to Marcie Greenmun on the 23rd!!!! Wooooopieeeeee!!! I need some pics from you Marski, tell me how things are goin´ with your cute little family :) Luv ya!
When the Elders gave me a blessing when I was sicka while back, they said I would recover quickly (which I did) and they said I would have the gift of tongues and be able to understand the people and their spanish...something like that, but I definately remember the tounges part. Cool huh? I just hope I can study enough so this gift will start workin... Someone tell me how this gift works...
I heard I got some letters, not sure from who yet, but thanks to whoever is thinkin´of me. :)
Hey! 40th Ward! Shouldn´t I be getting some wedding announcements in the mail sometime soon??? Love is in the air!!
I want to tell you all of the hopes we have for baptisms...but you may just get your hopes up. It just takes a lot of time an effort...baptisms don´t just fall from the sky. This mission is hard...and that might just be an understatement. The majority of these people are still living in their rock-hard shells of life and we are doing all we can to ease our way to the center of their hearts and plant a seed of faith in them...with all the help from the Spirit we can get. But we can´t waste our time on too difficult of people, says our president. He says we shouldn´t teach too much to couples who aren´t legally married and don´t have plans to, or to those who have no means of getting their identity papers etc. We can always plant a seed... but for some...baptism might just be out of the question in their lifetime. It´s sad...really sad, and difficult to work with. but there are situations like that here... We keep working though, always working. Ah, remind me to tell you all about our investigator Jason and our experience on Monday...
Hey, but we still have some adventures along the way: On Sunday, we contacted a referenced famliy way out in jungle land... Molly said she got bit on the bum a million times by mosquitos and a huge spider almost landed on my face (cool!) and when we left it was still raining. We headed farther into the jungle and trudged through mud and foliage in our dresses, keeping an I out for big hairy turantulas. Wee! We hiked up some steep hill across an uphill ridge of some houses, up another steep muddy hill to more jungle, down another steep hill, up another one (sheesh!) and finally ended up back in our neighborhood. Our legs were so muddy and scratched from all that hiking... man! This mission is totally an adventure! I feel like Indiana Jones...kinda.
times up, ding! woot! gratz! (teehee) ;D
wave/ catch yall later, Adios!
Hna Benson

No comments: