Thursday, October 11, 2007

July 17, 2007 Letter

Once again!
Hey peoples, so I got back from an awesome time at the Presidents house with the whole zone. We ate burgers and dogs, played games, some people took nice hot showers, I stayed and sang music by the piano. Ahhhh it meant the world to me to sing some great music while Elder Lee played amazingly, or Sister Bair. We sang some hymns and Fiddler on the Roof songs. I was sooo happy! We should do that again... Yay P-Day! This week actually went by fast... so it starts. :)
ah, well sometime I will get to the point where I will only have a couple great experiences to share after Ive shared all the little stuff. Oh, like Mom asked- Are there big bugs??- Yes, there are big bugs... like cocroaches, big moths (like in Thailand), spiders, turantulas, big wasps, ... umm chickens. Yup. chickens. And lots of little lizards. :D I like bugs! They like me!
Wasn't it Lisa's B-Day?? Happy Birthday Lisa!! I Love you!!! And Mom and Dad's Anniversery is coming up too right? Yay Mom and Dad!! I Love you!!! Take a day off and go... fishing! Yay!
Heh, so I totally watched Transformers Last week. HA! I never thought it would happen... YOU never thought it would happen, did ya. ;D Some weeks they approve a movie or two... only sometimes they're in Spanish... and it was totally illegally copied... but it was still way cool! Can't wait to see it in English...
Thanks Mel and Marty, and Marty's Mom for the Luggage! It has been very helpful and awesome to use. It's perfect. ;) Thanks!
==Mom, How was the rehearsal? I bet JD showed up huh... was the whole family there too? How was the holiday stuff? Tell me lots :D .. If you told me in an email just now I prolly won't have time to read it yet, but keep me updated... or send me a tape... Yeah! send me a cassette tape :D Those big envalopes that are about 10 dollars are Priority Mail and can be stuffed with anything and it gets here in about two weeks... cool. ==
Oh, yeah, I would LOVE to get some music for my B-day too... um...I don't have much music...it's kind of limited. So yeah, music, pictures, and even a cassette tape of peoples voices and stuff, that would be awesome! Sing to me, tell me stories, tell me the latest news, fill it up and send it my way... if you want to, I would love you forever, well, I already do. That's just a heads up for some other options other than email or snail mail... since I'll be here for, well... this is my home now. Just tryin' to start a good system. But keep in mind that the pictures and tapes can keep coming after my Birthday too... Don't worry, I'm well into the work here, definately keeping busy, AND having some fun, because that's what we're here for: to bring happiness to others. It takes a lot of work, but everyone is happy in the end! We're Happifiers!
The Pres made a new rule at the last Zone conference and said No more maids... I never had one yet so I won't know the difference, but it will dissapoint a lot of missionaries and especially the maids that were making a living... It's because nobody can enter into our house unless it's another (female) missionary... it's in the white rule book... and they just figured that out I guess. We'll be just fine on our own though. oh yeah mom, I live in a 2 level house/apt thing some people live below us and we walk up the stairs and live up top. Did I mention we have a rooftop view? The stars are sooooo Beautiful at night!! AHHH and I LOVE the Storms here...LOVE them!! (can I say that again?... okay, I won't) So much rain and Thunder to shake the soul...a mi me encanta las tormentas!!
So I've been to the church a few times and it's so funny (no offense) to hear these people sing! the whole congregation, is , well, off. Just can't sing, And they sing so so slow. Ha ha! It's great. This country is so alive! People always in the streets, blaring music at every corner, kids, cars and motors, Dominos!, roosters crowing at all hours of the day just, stuff happening all the time... it might just be a little too quiet when I get home. ;) I always have the urge to just start dancing... there's always music somewhere... and instinctively want to dance... it's in the very fĂ­bers of my being!... and it's almost torture to stand there on the corner...twiddling my thumbs, do-de-do. Gah! Even now, here in the cafe, I'm 'dancing' in my chair... woo-hoo!
We have found some awesome families that are so prepared to hear the gospel. I'm teaching more and more in Spanish and understanding even the most basic principles of the gospel over again and in much more detail. Little by little, it will all come together. I'm always willing to learn more, as long as I have time. My testimony grows stronger all the time. Investigators are coming to church and loving it. Our Zone leader, Elder Jake Lee, is amazed at the success we're having after the monotone of Elders in the past in canasticas... heh, who knows... I'm having a great time here. The people are so so nice, always offering their own chair or making jugo, juice, that's the main refreshment here... always making a jugo for the missioneras. MMM jugo de mango is so delish! Such loving, generous, happy people. We even have a couple, or more, people preparing for baptism... how 'bout that!?? booyah!
So one family we taught said I looked like miss Universe ...just out of nowhere... how funny is that?? You and me Lisa, we've got it made! Luv ya sis!
;D I want to rule this mission by the time I'm done, but I have to be a peasant first... if that makes any sense... Well, keep me updated from the States! =D Thanks for all those that e-mailed! I can only print them out and read them on the way home... so if you ever have a question, make the subject URGENT and I will read it and reply in the same day's email.
Okely dokely, time to zippit for Julie. Gotta make it to a cita or appointment with some great investigators. ;D
May the Spirit be with you all...
Love
Hermana Julie Benson

hermanajuliebenson@gmail.com

No comments: