Thursday, October 11, 2007

June 7, 2007 Letter

Hola Hola! Once again, another P-day! It literally feels like we just had P-day..that week went by so darn fast! Wow. Last night I didn't sleep great..but the nights before have been really nice. Good sleep is very important!! I love my black sketcher shoes. Send me more. I should have bought them before:( So Dad, how's the retired life? You fishing some more? How's the basement coming? Is my car working well? How's the fam and grandkids? Big hugs and kisses for you and Mom. Thanx for all your help and love! So about those Haitians. did I tell you how wonderful their testimonies were? Indeed they were.:) We actually had a new district of missionaries come in today. Elders from the DR here for 3 weeks. We leave at the same time EEP! I can't speak Spanish yet! It's really hard to bond with investigators when I'm butchering my Spanish..I may just resort to singing Spanish hymns when I've lost my mind Went to a Spanish session and understood alot. The temple and CCm have filtered water running through the pipes. Lucky us! I am having a blast with Sis. Carr. We get tired at the end of the day and laugh about everything...esp. our elders and the experiences we have in class...well, we do spend ALL day sitting in class. One of our teachers uses the markers dramatically and another teacher has been trying for years to find out who ruins the markers. We helped him to figure it out and we all laughted Ha ha ha!....you had to be there. The elders in our district have all noticed calluses on their knees...from praying so much! sisters don't kneel like they do, but we all do pray a lot, naturally.:) My district can't really sing and they keep apologizing ha ha...and we sing alot. I just try to keep them above water. Hna Carr wants me to teach her to sing. I weigh a little more cuz I'm eating full course meals every day...all day...we still eat, sit and sleep..oh and walk 3 feet to class. Ha Ha! EVERY lunch time is rice, beans, chicken, bread, salad, fruit (pineapple and papaya) and juice. "Good rice, good curry, good Ghandi let's hurry!":) We practice teaching daily. We're in the middle of lesson 3 (great book Preach My Gospel) New MTC Pres, Perkins', from AZ. LOVE you all! talk to ya later. From Your far away missionary, Hna. Julie Benson

No comments: