Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18, 2008 Letter

hard days work...


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!! - I promise , I'm trying to prioritize a chunk of good time to make you and mom a fun card, and that doesn't even count waiting for it in the mail... Just remember I still Love you both VERY much even if I have issues trying to send it to you. HAVEN't forgotten you. ;D There's just so much to do, organize, take care of - the people we have to pay attention to and give our whole efforts to... barely have time to take care of myself... I guess that's the idea. That's prolly the reason I haven't sent a card out yet. Sorry. ;P
How was the Dad's-day celebration? Special days of the year for special parents like you. SOOOO lucky. I'm not so anxious to be a mom yet... golly , I'm still on a mission... ba'ha'ha! jk.
Hey, Mom, I noticed your question about the money and I should prolly let you know the situation. Ever since I was in Los Alcs we've had to pay a ton of passage to get around to our two areas just to go teach, etc, and that money would go pretty fast in a week ot a month. But the dumb thing was that when they said it got reembersed that reembersment took FOREVER. So I was having to pay for food and passage with my own money... that's no fun.
And even now, when we moved out here to Villa we came to a FILTHY elder's house and had nothing to clean it with, so we needed to buy some basic supplies for the house which would also be reembersed, but that still hasn't shown up yet... SO I have had to use a bit of my own cash to cover for our present needs until that roll back in. I hope it's all back to normal soon ... I hope I hope I hope...
In other news , we have actually had a pretty rough week. Although we have found a great group of investigators we're working with, there was a day that it just hit us hard... these Dominicans can be Really Hard Hearted... i mean... really. And my heart just aches to see these people in their state... this country is drowning in its own evil, (if I might put it lightly) ... sometimes I can't believe the things people do here. WHY?!?? I ask myself, and hit myself in the head. I feel like we're teaching them basic human values and telling them not to lie their whole life through more than getting them baptized... though we ARE praying fervently and faithfully to find the right people. Not to mention there are a TON more inactive people around than there are actives... we're focusing on them as well . But the days get better when we need to just keep going, and more and more we realize why exactly we're here... AND we've got the Lord at our back... so anything's possible. ;) Yo -ho-ho!
*sigh*...
Love,
Benson

¨For the LORD¨

No comments: