Wednesday, May 7, 2008

May 7, 2008 Letter

Freestyle...


* Now entering freestyle mode*... * mode where Julie starts to type (just about) whatever her mind spills out*...
>>> (Not rated) <<<
haha. jk.
But really, I'm just gonna start... um....
So we were going to have a baptism, but last week when we were gonna have a lunch slash lesson with Angelica, she wasn't there, and that wasn't normal... but then we found out that same morning that her husband had died.... we were all shocked and weren't sure what to do... We stopped focusign on baptising her and now wer're just trying to help her recover, be her friends in need and let her breathe.... There seem to be a lot of people dying around here... almost every day we hear of something happening to someone we know that knows someone that... etc. It's so sad. One Dominican hermana in the mission lost her dad... someone had killed him in the capital... DADDY DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......
I think she's staying to finish her mission. It happened to a Dominican Elder here too... This country has problems...
ANywho, So there's this one family Neli, Bienbo, and their 3 or 4 kids that are preparing to get married and then get baptised. They are saving up money and quitting bad habits, improving their home lifestyle adn are progressing really fast. Such a great family! The hard part is waiting for legel papers to get filed and all that crap, that stuff is usually the hardest obstacle. Again... this country has problems...
I think I've figured out a few reasons why I came back here... I'll mention a couple.. well I had thought about this before in my other areas when sometimes I had felt so useless and like I'm not helping anybody progress... but I stop my self and realize that there are so many people that we had met that no one else could have connected with... I mean, my personality... you guys would know... just isn't ... normal... and..... I've been able to find and connect and converse freely about the doctrine than if anybody else had tried... And I've had companions that if they had not been there, things wouldn't have worked out, y´know? It's all about revelation man. The Lord knows who I am and is using me to connect with certain people here. And I've seen the fruits of our labors and my purpose and direction are becoming clearer as I spend more time in the work. Did that make ANY sense?!??? ... yer a special one, Julie...
ok. so elections are coming up quick and things are gettin' LOCO over here, more than normal (and normal was crazy) but with all the stupid elections parades, drunk people, women dancing in the streets, and insanely loud music I'm sure ready to have it be over. Frankly I'm quite sick of the electees´ faces. Leonel (current Pres.), Miguel, and Amable Aristy ¨Presidente de Los Pobres¨ , heh, that's kind of lame. ANyhow, I was never into politics, I despise them actually. But the whole reason I brought this up is to say that I have actually seen all three of them in person. Without even trying really... got photos of them too, not great but their fotos. ... because they show up sometimes in these random town-street parades, sitting on top of the car, surrounded by guards because people climb up and want to touch them like he's a god or something... all they want is money really... it's kind of pathetic.
uh next subject...
There are some awesome investigators here that are juat golden. One is named Suleman, he's originally from Africa (a country in the North, Niger I believe...) He's really nice and loves everything about the gospel. He speaks English, Arabic, and his native language... but not Spanish! Weird! We've taught him a few lessons and he's reading the Book of Mormon in English... But because he lives in the other Hermanas area we're not really entitled to teach him... there are a number of investigators that are mixed between us four hnas and two elders cuz our areas are close yet far apart, and we're al in the same ward and use the same chapel. I guess as long as they get baptised in the end... right?
... it's really weird to teach in english! and don't get me started about PRAYing in English... sheeesh.... I sound like an idiot.
We celebrated out one year mark by making a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and we decided to crunch up frootloops and sprinkle them on top. Yum! (pics next week) Lit it up with candles and blew 'em out and, well, ate it. We like to celebrate day ¨Eves¨ of special days like P-day eve, or 1 year mark eve, or cinco de Mayo eve... hehe. Not to mention a couple HUGE rats that have ventured through our house but not after playing around with it first. We named one Federiko. And one time after catching a rat we made El Salvadorian tortillas with beans and made Hawaiian leys.. guess it was some weird culture night orsomething... rats, leys and tortillas. yum. Heh, my and Hna Cornillez (from Hawaii) built a little village out of matches and burned it... that was a really brief explanation but we'll leave the rest to imagination cuz I gotta go...
Really, I wish all of you could experience what I do down here. Especially inside peoples homes, when the spirit is so strong as we're testifying of te truth and watching the Spirit changing peoples lives. Those kinds of things I can't take pictures of... but will deffinately be remembered.
OH!! I will call on Sunday May 11th... don't know when, but I might be able to call and inform you Saturday night what's gonna happen. well see... so with that much said...
HAPPY DAPPY MOTHER'S DAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH MOOOM!!!!!!
=)
+ Hna Julie Benson +
no proof read, I can't type so it's full of eRRoz...

No comments: