Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March 26, 2008 Letter

Slumber Party!

heh, well, they called it an Hermanas ¨Training¨ meeting... but it was totally a slumber party. :P I hardly slept on the hard matress and I woke up feeling like crud, but everything else was great! mmm hot shower, lots of great food (yay food!) and goodies, fun talks with all the other hermanas, awesome inspirational talks and activities, oo! even got to go to the temple yesterday morning. We were soo excited to go, Hna Carlsen and I. we were counting the days! She and I have soo much fun together! She's got to be the best comp I've had. =) She makes me laugh a lot, that's a biggy. Ha! kinda reminds me of Elaine on Seinfield.
Anywho, so this past week was Semana Santa here and people party and go out to the campo to visit family and stuff. It's difficult on the missionary work, cuz everyone dissapears for a while, but it also leaves room for more opportunities. There's this DR traditional ¨food¨ call abituelas con dulce = like... sweet bean stuff. Beans that are sweet. They make it will normal and blended up cooked beans, some potato type veggie, lots of milk, carnation, and sugar, maybe some raisins, cloves, and topped with cute little sugar cookies with a cross on it... The whole realation to Beans ands Sweet can make your stomach churn... but it's actually good! Cold OR hot! I had tried it for the first time at the first of my mission, but decided I liked it when I got here. I got the recipie more or less and we'll make it when I get back. =) It will be an end of March tradition in the Benson home. :P One day, (I think it was Holy Friday) we were offered abituelas con dulce about 4-5 times. think we accepted 4 out of the 5. yum!
Well, kind of stopped the Baptism streak. I guess they were mostly niños too, hmm. Now we're trying to keep making sure they stay active and have suppirt form their families. And we're also working on a couple families and couples. The main problems with them is they have to get married first. They usually don't want to get married... for all kinds of lame reasons, but that's in the difficult long process. But we also have some other awesome investigators, but will require patience as well. So, back to limbo.
Are we excited for conference!???!??!!?!???
Did any of you take the chance to pray?....
Have you shared your testimony with anyone this week?? well get on it! You'll be glad ya did.
Ahh man. We want to color our Easter eggs the traditional way with tea cups and color pellets, but don't think they stores have that here. *pout*... maybe we can be creative somehow... there's always another way...
Hey Mom! I love you!!! I did get my hair trimmed once a long while back, but nothing else. It's getting pretty long too, and feather soft. And I guess I don't sweat as much now because... I'm used to the heat? not sure. Any more questions? =) And Dad! Thanks for the last e-mail! =D I'm soo glad that you got the chance to fly again!!!!!!!! How ultimately exciting!!! Aw, wish I could've gone with you... never been in a chopper. But wow, what a b'day presant. Good call Lisa! ;D
weeellll my I'm gonna close up shop and head out. we got back form the capital later, so I'm finishing up later. :P
Thanks for tuning in, thanks to everyone for all your support! ...proof read?... nope.
Luve,
Luve? no Love,

Hna Julie Benson

No comments: