Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January 9, 2008 Letter

¨There´s more??¨....

So first off I´ll tell you about this sweet woman we found near our neighborhood in LA, her name is Elizabeth. Our first lesson with her was later than usual, it was dark, we were pretty tired and we had to read by the candle light (but that´s normal)...plus her kid was crying and wining about stuff... kind of stressful a bit. But the lesson went surprizingly well, even amidst all the boyah she and her brother there were paying good attention. Our second visit she came up to us with the little pamflits that we give to everybody, she said she had read the whole thing AND filled in all the scripture study questions, AND read a handful from the Bood of Mormon... now, this had been the first time for me that ANYONE had ever filled in those little questions in back... I was amazed. This obviously shows that she´s interested, is studying, and understanding. Woah. We taught her the plan of salvation and gave her different booklet to read. She was all excited and said, there´s more??? I´ve never seen some one progress so fast. I look forward to teaching her about baptism... She´s such a wonderful lady. Her family totally deserve the gospel right now.
Just a spiritual check up: Are you all having family prayer? studying the scriptures together? Going to church EVERY Sunday?? If you´re not with your family, have you developed these habits yourself?... Just makin´ sure, cuz I´ve got the rights to tell you that YOU BETTER! ... I´m legal y´know.
Important info!!:
In case some of you have been wondering why your mail has been returned to you it´s because the rules have changed (and sorry I neglected to tell you all in time) this is what I tore out of the newspaper that said:
Three-fold letter:
Lay the blank side of the single sheet letter facing down with the writing facing you
Fold it three ways, use two pieces fo tape or two stocker tabs , no more than one inch from each side , but ´don´t seal the ends.
Don´t include other stuff in the letter... just the peice of paper
write address in top left corner, stamp in right and the mailing address:
Hna Julie Benson
Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo West Mission
P.O box 30150
Salt lake City, Ut 84130-0150
...just self explanitory. Only one peice of paper folded up with writing on the inside.
OR you can just send me normal letters with the Pouch address (I believe it´s still on my myspace address www.myspace.com/julieistaken in case you don´t got it ;P) may cost a bit more, but it´s the other option. That´s how cards and pics (and packages) are recieved here.
Anywho, oh, yeah, New Years! The eve night we ate at the Bishop Coyado´s house (finally) And it was AMAZING! I´m a pasta lover (and i think he knew that, cuz when we were planning the x.mas party food ideas, everyone else said they wanted rice, beans etc, and I said pasta pasta pasta!! So we had pasta!) and for the bishop´s dinner there were two big pans of lasagna, and some cheesy eggplant stuff, delisious baby back ribs, fruits, garlic bread, potatoes, MM! sorry, didn´t get pics, I was OBVIOUSLY drooling over this masterpeice meal and not thinking about pictures. He cooked it himself, and he takes that stuff seriously. Bishop´s awesome. Then they drove us home, cuz the streets can be prety dangerous for this holiday. we said thanks a million and sat in the house for while (well, Hna was sitting, while I was dancing away to all the loud, unavoidable music) Then we decided to go out and see what they do for the midnight thing. Everyone goes up and down the streets kissing and hugging people saying ¨felicidades!¨ or ¨congratulations!¨ Lots of fireworks from all around, music, drinking, all are dressed up really nice, or skanky... normally that... But as we stood in fron of our apt a couple ladies came up and congratulated us (not sure what for) but some guy came right to up kiss Hna Delgado and we said whoa! hold yer horses buddy.. etc etc, so we shook his hand. heh, good times. So, Happy belated New Years!! What are your new goals? hey Mom, what were MY new year goals from last year???
Well... sumthin´s always missing. but I´ll close it here.
Thanks again to ALL the love I recieved on Christmas!! Wooohoo! I LOVE YOU! I´m one happy shmappy missionary girl! ^_^ oh, and Melanie: I got it. ;D Thanks!!
Any questions??? just type URGENT! on the subject line and bold underline your queston in the e-mail if you need a reply the day I recieve it. cuz I usually print out the e-mails and read them later, I can still answer, it will just be later. Cool. thx.
laterz,
Hna Juleez Benson

No comments: