Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January 16, 2008 Letter

We went to the ZOO today!!! maybe pics next week...


P-day is Wednesday! I guess... but we are sure it will stay Wed now. para que sepan. Just so you all know.
Aaah! another big big day!
Well I'll just get to the biggest news...
We are moving into a brand new house just down a couple new streets that's been a long frustrating process, but we are lucky to have it. ANd it's got water all the time, a less noisy street, not as much space (which will be hared to leave behind), but I will also be glad to get away from our naughty-mouth neighbors. The house is worth a LOT more that 5,000 pesos a month (which is our limit) but the owner is a friend and wants US to have it. Yay! Gotta start packing all my crap...
I have officially lost my voice... I have gripe, all my energy drains too quickly, I hurt ALL over (especially my chest and arms cuz I tried some weird pushups the other day... but hey, no pain no gain, right?) My nose is all stuffy and I probably sound like a nerd when I talk... but I laugh at myself. =)
Oh...well... BIGGEST news... since Hna Delgado is venturing home soon... I will become a trainer of a completely new missionary... osea, mission lingo: I'm gonna be a "mom" and I'm gettin' a "kid"!!! I heard she could be dominican, or from some other country or maybe american who knows. I don't believe it. I'm not freakin' out though... yet. I'm not even sure If I'll still be in this area or get "white-washed" to another area, but I doubt that. ...... ... I guess I'll just sit back and watch the fire burn ... as I face some more of life's difficult challenges. yay!
Your prayers are welcome.
Mom and Dad: info on the DR: I can't get released here... if it was up to me I might want to leave alone and have a family vacation here a bit after the mission... but, if you guys really want to come up it's very possible and all you need to do is call the mission office here. They should tell you all you need to know. I'll still feel weird as a missionary though... but that day's just too far away! Let me know what you decide for now...
Time's up. Love you all. Hope I get better soon so I can have the energy to bear up the next few months...
Hna Jules Benson
PS - send me pictures pleez!!! =)

No comments: