Thursday, November 1, 2007

November 1, 2007 Letter

Yes, I´m alive. w00t! Sorry for the delay everyone... If anyone´s been checking the here there´s been a huge tropical storm down here. I thought it was another hurricane, but these are a lot worse I think, not really though ... it had been raining for... at LEAST 6 days... non-stop. well, POURING. if it stopped at all it was only for a short breather...luckily that was when we would run to the next cita (apointment) before it started again. SHeesh I´ve never seen so much rain!
Whoa, news: Transfer - I´m in Los Angeles (no, not California) with Hna Delgado from Queen Creek, AZ, I¨ll get a picture out eventually. It´s kind of closer to the capital. It´s gonna be great out here. Our neighborhood is pretty ghetto and It´ll take a while to get to know the streets, but I have high hopes things will be good. But switch back to my last area... for my last two weeks there we moved to a new house... but we never got electricity... we had to borrow light from next door just to keep the fridge goin´... but with all the rain nobody had power... AND the water pipes were shut off cuz of so much rain, so we didn´t have water either! heh, we were catching rain water dripping off the roof to use... okay, not bad... and here in Los Angeles there still isn´t water... I hadn´t showered for like... 3 or 4 days. Yum! I´m so hot. I did get clean yesterday though cuz Hna Delgado had 3 huge buckets of water saved up. Yay! and I got to wash most my clothes that had been in desperate need of washing. cha-ching! God loves me! ;D
(After our first couple hours of sunshine... it started pouring again...just now... when will the maddness stop?!)
After I washed my clothes though... the air is so EXTRA humid that nothing gets dry... all my stuff, papers, books, bed, whatever, is damp. :P just don´t have the sun to dry anything. Things will get better though. ;D Work still moves on rain or shine.
Oh yeah: in the six weeks I had in Los Alcarrizos (THAT went by fast) we had 13 baptisms. yeah. Crazy, I know.
some happened when I just arrived, so I didn´t help teach them much, but still. The work is on fire over there. Hna Taylor is a little firecracker. ;D I´m still learning... I´ve learned so much from her about teaching. She KNOWS how to baptize... as our pres. put it. Good times. I will miss that area... it´s not far so the baptisms that are coming up, I´ll be able to go back and attend the baptism. sweet! Love those guys.

No comments: