Friday, November 9, 2007

November 6, 2007 Letter

Greetings and salutations!!!
First of all, thanks for all your prayers and thoughts… They really make a difference here in this perilous battlefield… the power of prayer is real.

Yeah, TOTALLY forgot it was Halloween… I -think- I ate some candy… lemmy see: Jelly Bellies, or a granola bar… hmph. I did dress up for a ward activity the week before (if you want to see my costume, you have to guess what it is…) :D Though on the 31st, I taugh some good lessons, and actually found the father of a new member in my last area! Cool stuff that Spirit can do… ¨mmm! Great power you have young Skywalker¨ ^_^ …Anyway, How was everyone elses´ Halloween??

The Zone is planning a BBall game and are making t-shirts… no one liked the first design, so I threw a really cool one together… if it goes through, we´ll be the ¨Gryphons¨ Yeah, it´s cool. I´ll atatch the file.
Also, there´s a pic of an older baptism in my last area, Aneuris, with his mom, Taylor and I, and his friend.
Didn´t get water in the house until Monday in the later morning time... that´s bad English for ya... we were praying for water to come... and it came! ...if only for a moment, but we had enough to do the dishes and fill up a bucket to save for later. Blessings! But before even that, a guy from the bishopric, and another guy from the ward, Santiago, came with a van full of buckets filled up from the church! Blessings! We are grateful to have water. You guys have it good in the states...
I´ll remind everyone that Satan is always at our backs... that´s not a good thing. Lately, everytime wére headed to another appointment I always get these dark feelings that say I want to go home, I´m tired, etc... but then we teach the lessons and it´s always SO worth going. Because I know those people needed to hear our message. Got to learn to ignore that darn Satan voice...
Okay, the other pics: cute little kids, the little girl went crazy about the photo before it even went off! - Kids lining up to fill their jugs with water...there´s been a shortage... - mi compañera, Hna Delgado from AZ, people think she´s Dominican. She does have Mexican family, but she´s all American. :) She´s very sweet and diligent in the work. That´s good for me, I´m learning a lot... I may have to take over the area when she goes home in January... Aaaa! We studdied about some deep doctrines of the Atonement this morning. I loved it. There is so much to learn about our Savior!
Anywho...
Thanks for the Love. Hey, somebody play Settlers of Catan for me, k? Rack up those sheepys! ;D
*ahem* (send me pics) ;)
Hna Julie Benson
PS - ¨Start wearing purple, wearing purple...¨ - who can guess the movie?? They get 50 superpower points for guessing right! (let me know if anyone finds that soundtrack...) -peace

No comments: