Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 18, 2007 Letter

Happy Christmas time!!

Merry Holidays!! Boy, it sure does feel like Christmas here... Dominican style anyways... BIG diference. So I miss the good ol´ Amarican traditions... I almost forgot it was even Christmas time cuz I´ve been so busy and caught up with investigators and baptisms, appointments, meetings, activities – brain going a mile a minute!

Today, though, we got to relax and fun a little with most of the missionaries in the West misiĆ³n. We gathered at a classy restaurant with a man-made lake and a pretty view. It was a perfect day. We sang Christmas songs, exchanged gifts, had a spiritual program with the Christmas store and musical numbers (one by me and Hna Cornillez called ¨Star Bright¨ (Estrella Luz) a primary song, think it´s only in Spanish...?)

We ate a huge lunch and enjoyed the moment. I spaced off a bit and wandered around the gardens, so pretty.

(Yes Melanie, you can send me pics via e-mail. :) It´s the quickest, cheapest way, and there´s not limit! ) Luv ya!

Yeah, there was kina of a storm here. It rained a little bit... a ¨little¨ bit... but there was some devastating floods in Santiago to the North... it´s pretty sad. But al lis well down here. Well... there has actually been a lot of murders in the past few weeks of so. All right in our area, very close. Even someone Hna Delgado knew that was an inactive member... news like that comes and goes pretty quick though... just gotta move on.
Sorry, I just don´t have time now to do a full letter.
Phone call: I can call in the day time and in the after noon (MY time). If friends want to talk to me, I dunno... I guess I can´t stop you from stealing the phone, can I...?
sorry sorry, I probably missed something important... just no more time. :P
LOVE to all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Hna Julie Benson =)

No comments: